The Teaching Artist Support Collaborative (TASC) of California is dedicated to collecting our shared knowledge and resources from around the state and beyond, to establish Teaching Artists as equally valued peers with partners in education, community and social services.
We are organizations and individuals who believe that teaching artists can and should play a front-line role in engaging Californians in lifelong learning. We feel every student in California’s schools deserves to engage with all arts disciplines (dance, music, theatre, literary and visual arts) every day as part of a well-rounded, high-quality education.
We understand that learning occurs throughout one’s lifespan and we know that the arts are a meaningful tool for all ages in every community to learn, engage and celebrate.
Our network includes teaching artists and arts administrators with varying years of experience and expertise representing regional arts organizations, educational settings, and community social service organizations from across the state.
As a strong, well-equipped network of professional teaching artists in California, TASC will build public awareness for the value and role of teaching artists in the community, share best practices and resources for delivering quality arts education experiences, and advocate for the professional status of teaching artists.
FOUNDING MEMBERS OF TASC
- Alameda County Arts Commission
- Alameda County Office of Education Alliance for Arts Learning Leadership
- Armory Center for the Arts
- Berkeley Rep School of Theatre
- California Institute for the Arts CCA Center for Art and Public Life
- California Poets in the Schools (North)
- California Poets in the School (South)
- Community School of Music and Art
- CSUSM Foundation, Center ARTES
- Creative Education Institute
- Cultural Council of Santa Cruz
- Fresno Arts Council
- Glitter and Razz Productions
- Humboldt Arts Council
- Inner-City Arts
- Los Angeles County Arts Commission / Arts for All
- Luna Dance Institute
- Music Center, Performing Arts Center for Los Angeles County
- Performing Arts Workshop
- Sacramento Metro Arts Commission
- Sonoma Arts Council
- Teaching Artists Organized
- Young Audiences of Northern California
- Young Audience of San Diego